Technical SEO Service
SEOValley’s™ technical SEO audits are crafted specifically to build a foundation for success in organic search ranking. We identify pressing technical issues that may be hindering your website from attaining better search visibility—and then find solutions for them.
Our detailed technical SEO audits have helped hundreds of clients fix crawling and indexing snags (among many other problems). By the end of the audit, you will receive a detailed report enumerating all issues, plus expert recommendations on fixing them.
What We Investigate
- Duplicate issues – Standard definition of ‘duplicates’ is pieces of content that are exactly the same or are ‘appreciably similar’ as other content residing on your website. They can be caused by the use of both secure and plain protocol URLs, syndicated RSS feeds, blog tags, content management system functionalities, and many more. We can quickly identify duplications and advise you solutions such as crawl directives, use of robots.txt, and canonical tags.
- Crawlability issues – Everything from code bloat to outdated URLs can cause crawlability issues. We look deeply into factors that may be blocking search engine crawlers from all the good stuff on your website: server related problems, sitemap errors, site architecture issues, outdated technologies (like Flash), erroneous meta tags or robot.txt, and many more.
- Broken links – Broken links are problematic from both a user perspective and a search engine perspective. They can cause frustration for people who visit your website while keeping search engine spiders from crawling your site properly. Over time, broken links that are left unfixed can seriously hurt your SEO efforts.
- XML sitemap issues – A hyperclean and error-free sitemap can drastically improve your website’s search engine ranking potential. We’ll scour your sitemap for compression errors, HTTP errors, incorrect namespaces, and other blunders that are often overlooked.
- Dynamic URLs – We also investigate your website for dynamic URLs that are neither search nor user-friendly, and then propose switching to static URLs when possible (or if it makes sense). Static URLs tend to receive higher click-through rates and are easier for search engines to read.
- W3C Errors – W3C compliance is a crucial aspect of a website’s success. These are typically easy fixes and should always be cleaned up. Forgetting doctype, failing to close an element, and unencoded characters in URLs are just some of the many errors we look for.
Technical SEO Audit Done Right
Once you decide to engage us for a technical SEO audit, we’ll spend time to analyze the site which will help us understand it better. It’s necessary for us to know your site’s SEO history and any known problems before starting the audit.
Then, we’ll coordinate with your IT team to request access to things we need. Once the audit is complete, we’ll share and discuss findings with you. You can then choose to implement the solutions by yourself or hand over the reins to our team.
Our technical SEO audit is the first step to ensuring that your website works harder for you. Contact us to get started.