Did you know that paid ads have a 200% ROI? That’s a return of $2 for every $1 spent. No wonder the PPC market is now valued at around $60 billion, with paid search expected to capture 60% of global ad revenue in 2023.
While all this means more opportunities, it also means more competition. How do you stand out in all this noise? Here are your 10 key paid search strategies in 2023:
1. Tune into voice search
As digital assistants like Siri, Alexa, Google Assistant, and Cortana become increasingly ingrained in our everyday lives, optimizing your paid search strategy for voice search is no longer optional—it’s essential. Here’s how to do it:
- Prioritize hyperlocal – The most notable characteristic of voice search is its inherent local When people use Alexa, for example, they often seek immediate, location-specific results, such as “Italian restaurants near me” or “24-hour pharmacies in [city].” Incorporating location-specific keywords in your ads can help attract these local users, effectively driving traffic.
- Include long-tail and conversational keywords – Language used in voice search differs from traditional typed searches. Voice searches tend to be longer, more conversational, and often formulated as full sentences or questions.For instance, a user might type “weather New York” into a search engine but say “What’s the weather like in New York today?” to their digital assistant. Think about the potential questions users might ask about your product, service, or industry, and optimize your ads to answer those queries.
2. Prioritize mobile
Mobile reigns supreme with over 70% of web traffic stemming from handheld devices. This seismic shift in browsing habits makes a mobile-first perspective absolutely crucial. So how do you tailor your ads for the mobile-centric world?
- Make sure that your ads and landing pages load properly on any screen size.
- Content should be tailored for mobile users—concise, compelling text and clear visuals that captivate even on small screens.
- Prioritize easy navigation and fast load times to accommodate the on-the-go nature of mobile browsing.
- Finally, leverage local keywords and geo-targeting features, as mobile users frequently perform location-based searches.
3. Regularly run special offers
Offering time-bound discounts can increase traffic to your site. Using phrases like “One Hour Flash Sale” or “Only Three Left in Stock” in your PPC ads can encourage quick decisions and boost conversions.
4. Align your ad with your landing page copy
Consistency between your PPC messaging and landing page content is key. Look into consumer behaviour patterns to determine which words resonate best with your audience. Customize your landing pages dynamically based on user search queries to enhance conversion rates.
5. Leverage A/B testing
A/B testing can help improve your conversion rates consistently. It helps identify effective messaging strategies for your target audience, leading to higher click-through rates (CTR).
6. Add negative keywords
Negative keywords exclude your ads from irrelevant searches, enhancing your click-through rate and overall ad performance by focusing on a more relevant audience. Using them helps you refine your audience, boost ad effectiveness, and optimize your ad spend.
7. Enhance your landing page’s loading speed
Slow-loading pages can lead to higher bounce rates. Ensure your landing pages load within three seconds. Tools like Google’s Pagespeed Insights, GTmetrix, or Pingdom can help monitor your site’s speed.
8. Monitor clicks and conversions
Metrics like impressions, clicks, and CTR are important, but don’t forget to measure your conversions, too. This is essential in gauging the success of your campaign. A high CTR with a low conversion rate could indicate the need for strategy adjustments.
9. Track your call conversions
With a mobile-first approach, tracking call conversions becomes crucial. Use tools like Google AdWords Call Extension to add clickable phone numbers to your ads. This enables you to track phone calls, calculate cost per acquisition (CPA), and optimize your campaigns.
10. Diversify your strategies
Don’t limit yourself to text-based search ads. Diversify your campaigns to include display ads, paid social ads (e.g., META, TikTok, LinkedIn), and other formats to broaden your reach.
11. Make full use of scripts
Automate aspects of your paid search optimization like bid management, reporting, and split testing using scripts. These tools can save time by managing repetitive tasks, allowing you to focus on strategic work.
12. Incorporate video
Video is a powerful tool for engaging audiences and boosting sales. Consider integrating videos into your strategy to deepen understanding of your products/services and drive up your ROI.
Need help with your paid search campaign?
SEOValley ensures that your PPC investment delivers optimal returns. We employ effective strategies to achieve targets within your budget. We also keep you informed with our detailed monthly PPC reports and reach out anytime for updates or inquiries.
Contact us to learn how PPC can boost your clicks and conversions.