In 1996, Bill Gates wrote an essay called, ‘Content is King.’ He predicted that content will be “where most of the real money” will be made on the internet.
And he was right.
Twenty-five years later and content continues to drive success online. If you take a closer look at successful digital marketing strategies, you’re likely to find that they incorporate a robust content creation plan. After all, high-quality content is central to successfully promoting products and services because it engages customers and builds.
So if you’re asking if you should continue investing in content in 2022 and beyond, the answer is yes. Content is still king, and it always will be. Here’s why:
Content lets you build better customer relationships
Good content allows you to establish and maintain a good relationship with your customers. It builds trust and enhances your brand’s reputation, which will translate to sales later on. Good content also encourages repeat business and brand loyalty.
If your goal is to establish rapport with your market, it’s best to focus on certain types of content that cater directly to their needs. These include:
- how-to and step-by-step guides
- brand comparisons
- informative and promotional visual content, and
- entertaining blogs with educational value.
These types of content encourage people to make informed purchases and drive them to come back. To succeed, be sure to pick topics that are interesting for your audience and focus on their challenges and pain points.
Content enhances brand recognition
Creating high-quality content can establish your brand as a trustworthy, admirable, and reliable name. It will also encourage people to share your products and services with others.
On the technical side, good content can engage your target audience and encourage them to stay longer on your website. This can do wonders for your search engine ranking.
But in order to achieve all of this, you need to be consistently focused on creating high-quality content that appeals to your audience. Here are a few tips to help you with that:
- Go custom.Content is only effective if it’s something that your audience finds useful or interesting. This is why it’s important to do your research on what your target market is looking for, so you can make one-of-a-kind content that will wow them.Never use automated content creation systems that are notorious for generating generic, boring results. In addition, try to avoid simply rehashing the same old content that your competitors are already using.
- Make educational and informative content.Your content should educate customers about your brand and tell them why they should trust you. Using a custom branded URL is a good start. If your audience has questions about your services, brand, or services, make it a point to answer them promptly, correctly and entertainingly, if possible. This will encourage them to quickly warm up to you.
- Try influencer marketing.This content marketing strategy involves hiring well-known influencers on social media to promote your brand, product, or service, with the goal of reaching a wider audience. Influencers are trusted by their loyal and devoted following, so collaborating with them can help boost your brand’s authority, too. If your brand is new to the market or you have a new product or service, you can tap certain influencers who are active in your niche.
There is no question that content will continue to be an important component of a successful digital marketing strategy for the foreseeable future. This means that focusing on high-quality content creation is crucial if you want to grow your digital presence.
Need help in this area? SEOValley offers comprehensive digital marketing solutions that include content creation. Talk to us today about your goals.